Submit Note Now
|Type||Legal Tender Note - United States Note|
|Seal Varieties||One: Red Seal|
|Signature Varieties||1. Chittenden - Spinner|
|Varieties||4 Varieties. Will try to identify the note from your image.|
1. New Series 9-18 Top Center - American & National Bank Note Co. Lower Border - Type 2 Seal - Second Obligation Reverse - One Serial Number - Green Patent Date at Left
2. New Series 18-20 Top Center - American Bank Note Co. Lower Border - Type 2 Seal - Second Obligation Reverse - One Serial Number - Without Green Patent Date
3. New Series 21-28 Top Center - American Bank Note Co. Lower Border - Type 2 Seal - Second Obligation Reverse - Two Serial Numbers - Left Number at Bottom - Without Green Patent Date
4. New Series 20-21 Top Center - American Bank Note Co. Lower Border - Type 2 Seal - Second Obligation Reverse - Two Serial Numbers Left Number high as Right (ABN Error) - Without Green Patent Date
|See Also||If your note doesn't match try:|
1. 1862 $20 Legal Tender
2. 1869 $20 Legal Tender
3. 1861 $20 Demand Note
4. 1864 $20 Compound Interest Treasury Note
5. 1863 $20 Compound Interest Treasury Note
6. 1863 $20 Gold Certificate
7. 1864 $20 Interest Bearing Note
|Other Info||1. High quality image required. Some counterfeits exist.|
|Example Rarity||New Series 18-20 Top Center|
American Bank Note Co. Lower Border
Type 2 Seal
Second Obligation Reverse
One Serial Number
Without Green Patent Date, signatures Chittenden - Spinner with Red Seal seal.
Comment: Solid collectible potential. Notes About Uncirculated or better value to $16000. 2
No Obligations Offers and Appraisals
Please submit a good photo or scan. It will be identified and evaluated. Understand there may be subtle differences between the image you see above and your note. Signatures, design, markings and note condition will determine the offer price. Notes in Uncirculated or better condition receive the best offers.
Appraisals can be estimated for wholesale and retail prices. Wholesale is what dealers typically pay. Retail is what a collector might pay. Retail is slightly higher in most cases.
Please visit this page for USA Paper Money Reference. Do not treat this page as a reference guide, it is for appraisal and acquisition purposes only.