Submit Note Now
|Type||Legal Tender Note - United States Note|
|Seal Varieties||One: Red|
|Signature Varieties||1. Chittenden - Spinner|
|Varieties||3 Varieties: |
1. New Series 1 at right - National & American Bank Note Co. symbols - One Serial Number - Second Obligation on Reverse - Type 2 Seal - Green Patent Date Top Center
2. New Series 1-2 at right - National Bank Note Co. symbol Only - Two serial Numbers - Second Obligation on Reverse - Type 2 Seal - Green Patent Date Top Center
3. New Series 1 at right - National Bank Note Co. symbol Only - One Serial Number - Second Obligation on Reverse - Type 2 Seal - Green Patent Date Top Center
|See Also||If your note doesn't match try:|
1. 1862 $100 Legal Tender
2. 1869 $100 Legal Tender
3. 1863 $100 Compound Interest Treasury Note
4. 1864 $100 Compound Interest Treasury Note
5. 1863 $100 Gold Certificate
6. 1861 $100 Interest Bearing Note
7. 1863 $100 Interest Bearing Note
|Other Info||1. High quality image required. Some counterfeits exist.|
|Example Rarity||New Series 1 at right|
National & American Bank Note Co. symbols
One Serial Number
Second Obligation on Reverse
Type 2 Seal
Green Patent Date Top Center, signatures Chittenden - Spinner with Red seal.
Comment: Extreme rarity, a show-stopping note. Can appraise on request. 4
No Obligations Offers and Appraisals
Please submit a good photo or scan. It will be identified and evaluated. Understand there may be subtle differences between the image you see above and your note. Signatures, design, markings and note condition will determine the offer price. Notes in Uncirculated or better condition receive the best offers.
Appraisals can be estimated for wholesale and retail prices. Wholesale is what dealers typically pay. Retail is what a collector might pay. Retail is slightly higher in most cases.
Please visit this page for USA Paper Money Reference. Do not treat this page as a reference guide, it is for appraisal and acquisition purposes only.