|Type||Legal Tender Note – United States Note|
|Seal Varieties||One: Small Red|
|Signature Varieties||1. Chittenden – Spinner|
1. New Series 24-65 Bottom Right – American Bank Note Co. and National Bank Note Co. on lower border – the Second Obligation on back – Seal Type 2 – Green Patent Date Bottom Center – 1 Serial Number
2. New Series 65-76 Bottom Right – American Bank Note Co. and National Bank Note Co. twice on lower border – One Serial Number – No Green Patent Date
3. New Series 75-83 Bottom Right – American Bank Note Co. and National Bank Note Co. on lower border – the Second Obligation on back – Two Serial Numbers – No Green Patent Date
|See Also||If your note doesn’t match try:
1. 1862 $5 Legal Tender
2. 1869 $5 Legal Tender
3. 1861 $5 Demand Note
4. 1864 $5 Interest Bearing Note
5. 1863 $5 National Bank Notes
6. 1870 $5 The National Gold Bank Note of California
|Example Rarity||New Series 24-65 Bottom Right
American Bank Note Co. and National Bank Note Co. on lower border
the Second Obligation on back
Seal Type 2
Green Patent Date Bottom Center
1 Serial Number, signatures Chittenden – Spinner with Small Red seal.
Comment: Solid collectible potential. Notes About Uncirculated or better value to $1800. 2
Other $5 Bills
No Obligations Offers and Appraisals
Please submit a good photo or scan. It will be identified and evaluated. Understand there may be subtle differences between the image you see above and your note. Signatures, design, markings and note condition will determine the offer price. Notes in Uncirculated or better condition receive the best offers.
Appraisals can be estimated for wholesale and retail prices. Wholesale is what dealers typically pay. Retail is what a collector might pay. Retail is slightly higher in most cases.
Please visit this page for USA Paper Money Reference. Do not treat this page as a reference guide, it is for appraisal and acquisition purposes only.
RC Up 1